Wednesday, June 29, 2011

QtP - Concerts 1 and 2

The first two performances of Queering the Pitch are over, and next week it's off to the west coast to begin some exciting performances in the San Francisco Bay Area!  This weekend I performed Bach, Saint-Saens, and Muczynski for a service at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta where I played my Atlanta concert Monday night.  During the service, I heard a fantastic meditation from a member of the UUCA congregation, Russell Washington.  His speech, "I am what I am (be what you are)," was wonderfully moving.  Read and listen to it HERE.

The performance went well; there was a sizable audience in attendance and I received a number of wonderful comments afterwards.

This weekend, I'm spending a few days with members of my family in both Atlanta, GA and Ocracoke, NC before heading off to San Fran.  In SF, I'll be busking in the Castro, hopefully spending some time playing at Maitri, and performing two recitals, at UUSF and the LGBT Center.  If you're from the Bay Area, please consider attending one (OR BOTH!) of these performances.  If you have friends in CA, let them know!  Details HERE and HERE.

One of the joys of traveling is schlepping my cello through airports and onto planes.  There are always enjoyable comments from fellow travelers about my 'travel buddy,' the 'guitar' that is strapped to my back.  I'll be keeping track of the best and brightest comments. :)

For now, keep on keeping on!

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment