Monday, June 6, 2011

On the road again...

After a fantastic week on the Brown Farm in Salem, NY, I'm traveling again, this time to Harrisburg, PA.  After this brief vacation from life, it'll be back to Atlanta where I'll go into seclusion for the next 17 days preparing for the commencement of my recital series on June 27 in Atlanta.

I love traveling for a few reasons, not the least of which are the questions I receive when carrying my cello:

-"Is that a cello?"
-"So how long have you played the guitar?"
-"Do you ever wish that you had a smaller instrument?  Like the flute?"
-"Do you have to buy a seat for that thing?  Full price?!"

I think over the course of my tour, I'll steal an idea from my dear friend, cellist Jen Bewerse, and keep a tally of my favorite traveling-musician-questions.  Does anyone else, cellists and otherwise, have these issues with curious co-travelers?  I'd love to hear stories!

All for now,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment