Friday, July 1, 2011

4th of July weekend!

The fourth of July is always an exciting time of the year!  Usually, I'm in the midst of summer, wondering what I should be doing.  This year, however, I'm in working on and performing my Queering the Pitch recital tour.

I'm taking a break this weekend to celebrate the Fourth! My family has been going to Ocracoke Island, NC for decades and I'll be driving to meet my parents and younger brother for a few days before I fly off to San Francisco.  I'm bringing my cello, so it's not a great vacation, I still have to practice!

On Thursday, I jet off to California to play two concerts, three outreach gigs, and a jam session with Classical Revolution in the Mission.  It will be good to be back on the west coast for a few days, though I'm staying a bit too long.  Perhaps a trip to Napa, busking in the parks, and dress rehearsals will keep me out of the house and make my trip feel less...intrusive? :)

All-in-all, I'm looking forward to the next three weeks of travel, concerts, friends and good wine.  I can't wait to meet new people and play for some awesome audiences.

Next time I update, I'll be in the air!
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment