Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Six days!!

Six days from now is the first 'Queering the Pitch' recital in Atlanta! I'm super excited to get started with performances! Yesterday I played the complete program for David Starkweather, Megan Chisom, David Peyton and Ryane Dunnagan.  Playing for colleagues is always much more nerve-wracking than performing for an audience.  After listening to the recording, I've set out a practice plan for the next six days!

I'm also getting ridiculously excited for my west coast trip and the performances that I have planned over the next three months.  Ned Rorem's, After Reading Shakespeare is really growing on me.  I'm really loving the beautiful, lyrical lines that Rorem spins throughout the piece.  It's really an exciting, roller coaster work.  I'm sure that audiences will love it!

Gallery: Suite for Solo Cello is equally as wonderful and I think audiences will really cling to the angular rhythms and beautiful harmonies.  It goes without saying that Benjamin Britten's Third Suite for Cello is a modern masterwork that ranks up there with any and all of the Bach Suites.  It is my favorite of Britten's works to play, and I think that comes through in the passion that is written in to the piece.

Did I mention that I'm getting excited?!  Only a few days away from the premiere!  Will you be there?

Click HERE for more information on the June 27 premiere recital and HERE for information on me and the trip!

Warmly,
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment