Saturday, July 9, 2011

San Francisco

So here we are!  San Francisco!  I arrived at SFO on Thursday evening from ATL.  It was an interesting trip, to say the least.  After having no sleep for the previous 28 hours, I was pretty delirious in the airport.  I was looking forward to a nice long nap on the flight, but that proved to be impossible with a dozen screaming children and a lady who had received a few too many libations sitting directly behind me.

Usually, this wouldn't be such an issue, but some passengers felt it necessary to continue to pound on my cello case, asking what it was.  Needless to say, I had to stay awake to keep from finding my poor case in shambles upon arrival at SFO.

Yesterday, Friday, was a fantastic day in Napa with some dear friends.  It was nice to spend a day away from the cello in wine country.  Today, tomorrow, and Monday will be the last few hours of prep before the concerts that I have here in the Bay Area.  I'm looking forward to the dress rehearsals that I have in the spaces and the concerts.  Hopefully there will be some adventurous people in the audience!

My friend, Joey Brunelle, is working on a music video project and generously asked me to be involved, and I'm looking forward to playing some Rorem (or Bach...who knows!) for cameras.  It should be an interesting experience being a part of something professional - a big change from my one-man dog and pony show!!

I hung posters around the Castro and along Market Street today advertising my concert at the SF LGBT Center.  Hanging posters is terrible, I have to say!  People stare, as though they weren't aware that someone actually has to hang this stuff - those flyers don't just hang themselves, people!  It was nice to be out in the city early today.  I spent a few hours walking around, covertly hanging some cool flyers and advertising things on telephone poles, bulletin boards, and anything with a moderately flat surface.  The weather here is fantastic, and there wasn't a tremendous amount of fog this morning either!

In any case, concerts are coming up.  It should be a fantastic time.  For more information, as always, visit my website and Facebook page!  Everything you wanted to know about me, AND MORE!

Until the next posting,
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment