Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fall 2012

MIRRORS!
The end of the summer has finally come and the school year at University of Georgia has begun. I've been studying scores, practicing parts, and getting ready for the things I have coming up! The fall will be relatively quiet for me this year. Besides concentrating on passing my preliminary and comprehensive exams and beginning the research for my doctoral project. 

Though the fall will feature very little from me on the "recital circuit" I'll be playing a number of concerts in Georgia. The music is awesome and ranges from Bach to brand new music from EMILY COOLEY and STEVEN KNELL.

MORE MIRRORS!
There are two big events of the fall and early-winter: first, a few performances of the complete Suites for Cello by Benjamin Britten (dates forthcoming); second, a performance of Schubert's Quintet in C Major with violinists Josh Holritz, Rachael Fischer, violist Megan Chisom-Peyton, and cellist David Peyton. (yup, they're married!) Both concerts should be super fun! (and in the case of Britten, involve a LOT of memorization work!)

Cullen and me.
In other news, this is the first time that I'll be in Athens for UGA football games! It'll be nice to be back in a college football atmosphere, even if I'm not going to be an integral part of it!

So this is a short post, not much to report. We'll see how things are in a few weeks and I'll report back.

Scattered throughout this post are some photos of the new mirrors in my practice room AND a photo of my brother, Cullen, and me at my cousin Allan's recent wedding! Look at those snazzy fellows!

No comments:

Post a Comment